Heating Problems
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
damian24
Labourer
Labourer

Heating Problems

by damian24 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:51 pm

Hi,
Ive had some very strange issues with my heating system and do not have a clue what I'm doing with anything like that.
I have a 'Ariston Euro Combi'(A/23 MFFI - A/27 MFFI) which is downstairs dont know if that would mean anything to anyone.
The problems that I am having dont seem to make sense. First of all we have to keep topping up the system as the pressure drops and the boiler trips out. Can not find a leak anywhere. The next problem is the opposite where the pressure in the boiler gets to high and again the boiler trips out again? I am baffled by this???? Are my radiators set up right? I have as follows 1 rad in bathroom(down stairs) normal valves in/out, 1 in kitchen with TRV valve, 2 large rads in living room with TRVs on both, one on landing upstairs with TRV, 3 bedrooms all with 1 rad each which all have TRVs on them. I'm at a loss to what to do. Would like to be able to try and sort the problem out myself first before I shell out for an engineer.
Any help would be good cheers

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:49 pm

If the pressure rises when the boiler is in use, it's normally a sign that the expasnion vessel needs re-pressurising or replacing.

If the pressure rises when the boiler is not in use, it's normally the combi fill is passing or there's a hole in the plaste heat-exchanger.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1