Heating System and Setup for Loft Conversion in First Floor Flat

Postby katiesdad » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:43 am

I own a first floor leashold flat and am about to do a simlple loft conversion which has planning and build regs approval. Bizarly, the landowner (and owner of the ground floor flat) Has asked me for information on what heating I will use in the loft conversion as it was not shown on the building regs approved drawings.
To be honest, I hadn't really thought about heating, as the room will only be used occasionally, and will mainly be used for easy-access storage.
Is it a requirement of building regs that a room should be heated?
If I decide to extend a cenral heating pipe up and put in a radiator, does this require B Regs?
katiesdad
Progress to next rank:
26.9%

Sponsor

Loft Light attic lighting products

Postby michaelbailey » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:03 pm

if third parties need to be informed officially then its not going to be a simple loft conversion it appears that title deeds will have to be altered
michaelbailey
Progress to next rank:
2%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!