Heating System with Anti Freeze
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
digitallarry
Labourer
Labourer

by digitallarry » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:23 am

HI
Could someone please help?
I have a comb boiler installed in my Caravan Mobile Home and the Thermo Valve is leaking I understand that you have to drain down the system to replace this.
My Problem is that the system installed is pressurized and it contains Anti-Freeze for over the winter periods this allows me to drain down all the other water systems in the Caravan without touching the heating system. My concerns are how I go about replaceing the anti-freeze once I have fixed the leaking valve.
Is there some sort of kit I can purchase which allows me to get new Anti-Freeze back into the system and where would you pump this into? I expect it would be through one of the Rads?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:30 pm

You can re-plenish using an injector bottle that screws into the bleed point of a radiator, you can sometimes buy silicone like tubes that can be added to the system the same way.

or

Whilst the system is drained, remove a radiator with radiator valves attached, add anti-freeze to radiator - close both radiator valves -
re-attach radiator and open valves whilst re-filling the system - job done.

It's your choice, the first two are the simplest, but injector bottles aren't cheap (not worth buying for one off job) the silicone type tubes can be messy (anti-freeze wastage) the third = no waste but abit more work.

htg

digitallarry
Labourer
Labourer

by digitallarry » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi
Thank you for your reply i will try this and see how i get on. Just one more thing is their a special Anti Freeze which i should use and would i get this from a local plumber supplier. I have not lost a lot of the Anti Freeze from the system have you any idea how much i should put back in would i need to completley fill the rad????

Regards

Larry

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:11 pm

Try http://www.sentinel-solutions.net/en/heating/X500

You will need quite abit to guarantee protection, so maybe more than one radiator removal.

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1