Heavy Wall Texture removal
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
martinofyre
Labourer
Labourer

Heavy Wall Texture removal

by martinofyre » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:39 am

A lot of the walls in my 1930 3 bed semi are heavily textured, like roughly spread icing on a cake. Bit difficult to describe but the peaks and troughs are as much as 1/4". Would it be possible to plaster over this? I am thinking you can knock off the peaks and then replaster over.
However I dont want so much plaster the architraves, skirting boards etc dont look silly. Also I am going to strip all the wood in the house and stain if this makes a difference as most of the wood is badly fitted and could do with re fitting after stripping.

I realise stripping off the existing plaster would open up a huge can of worms especially on the lath and plaster walls but I am right at the start of a major renovation so its all getting ruined anyway (rewire, new heating, home network etc.

Advice please.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi martinofyre,
If your having rewire and new heating pipework installed, do that first before making bad walls good. What you have on the walls sounds like artex, have a look in the projects section on this site under Artex and plaster removing, that will give you good guidence.
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:38 am