Height regulation for kitchen cupboards over a gas stove ?
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KathleenQ
Labourer
Labourer

Height regulation for kitchen cupboards over a gas stove ?

by KathleenQ » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:16 pm

Hello

I do not have an extractor hood over my stove in order to increase my cupboard space ( its a very small kitchen ) however need to check what height my cupborads should be above my stove to avoid any fire risk. Can anyone advise or suggest where I can find out ? many thanks

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi KathleenQ

As a rule of thumb the minimum distance between the underside of your cooker hood, and the highest point of your hob is:

Electric Hob = 650mm
Gas Hob = 700mm

So i'd guess that a wall unit would need to be at least that, check the manufacturers fitting instructions before installing.
I'd also consider enquiring at Kitchen show rooms they have planners who will know.
Regards
KB

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:36 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:09 am