Help and Advice Needed for Shocking Injection DPC Installed by Professional Company
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Nick1981
Labourer
Labourer

Help and Advice Needed for Shocking Injection DPC Installed by Professional Company

by Nick1981 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Hello Everyone,

This is the first issue I have posted on here and I need advice on what you make of this professional company's workmanship in installing a injection damp proof course, I am certain it is done wrong and I am shocked. This company I wont name as of yet is a member of the PCA(Property Care Association). Can you please read below email I have sent to company and look at pics attached and please comment on your thoughts on this work. I think it is shocking but the company is saying it is good. I dont know what my next step or plan of action is. Please Help.

I thank you in advance for your comments.

Thank you.

Nick

Dear XXXXXXX,

Hope all is well. Firstly, I would like to thank you for sorting out the toilet and blocking off the window, it looks very good and am very pleased with the repair you have completed here which was under guarantee 5 years ago.

However, I have a major issue with the injection damp course at front and rear or property which was done by your lads. At the front of the property where the Injection damp course was due to be done the wall is a cavity wall and has a gap in between the walls. Your lads have only drilled and filled with the DPC cream on the outside wall which will not sort the main problem on the inside wall where all the salts and damp is coming up the inside wall in kitchen and living room. They have only injected the outside wall and I had my mum check the depth of just two of the holes which to my disbelief are 32cm and 11cm. Obviously the cream injected into the 32cm depth hole would just leak out into the cavity of the wall which would be useless in providing a DPC. And what about the 11cm depth hole, how the hell is that going to penetrate a further 41cm to the other side of the inside wall through cavity.

I dread to think what the depths of all of the other drilled holes are. Meaning the inside where the serious problem with salts and damp coming up the wall in the kitchen and front room has not been drilled into to fill with injection cream. In the specification you sent me which I have showed a screen shot of you say you would be injecting from both sides. The inside wall is the most important to be injected as of the salts and damp coming up the wall.

SEE DPC SPEC IN PIC ATTACHED

At the rear of the property on the vertical injection DPC drilled holes to the left hand side as looking at the property the spacing between a few of the holes is too far apart and this will cause a problem.

Also the day after your guys had done the injection damp course, I was brushing some dirt off the air brick at the back on the property to right of back door and accidently knocked out one of your white DPC plugs, I looked inside the hole and there was no cream in there, not even any cream residue, I didn’t think the cream would seep into the concrete that fast. Have you actually injected any cream into the wall or just drilled and plugged it.

Can you please contact me by email as I am currently offshore. I will be ringing you tomorrow to speak to you about this. My Mother and step father are aware of this too so I think they will be ringing you tomorrow just in case I cannot.

Kind Regards,

Nicholas Stannard
Attachments
This is a screenshot of part of the Injection damp course specification which states the injection damp course will be drilled and injected from both sides of the wall. I cannot understand why they have only injected from the outside cavity wall and not even penetrated all the way through.
This is a screenshot of part of the Injection damp course specification which states the injection damp course will be drilled and injected from both sides of the wall. I cannot understand why they have only injected from the outside cavity wall and not even penetrated all the way through.
This is the vertical Injection DPC at rear of my basement flat. As you can see from the pic some of the holes are too far apart which I think is wrong
This is the vertical Injection DPC at rear of my basement flat. As you can see from the pic some of the holes are too far apart which I think is wrong
Front of property inside living room not injected, only injected from outside wall which one hole i checked here was 32 cm depth yet the whole cavity wall thickness is 52cm. This inside wall has massive amount of salts and damp coming up the wall
Front of property inside living room not injected, only injected from outside wall which one hole i checked here was 32 cm depth yet the whole cavity wall thickness is 52cm. This inside wall has massive amount of salts and damp coming up the wall
This is front of property inside wall where salts and massive amount of damp is coming up the wall. The damp proof company has only injected from the outside and I cant understand that the hole depth I checked they drilled was only 11cm from outside wall yet the whole cavity wall thickness is 52cm
This is front of property inside wall where salts and massive amount of damp is coming up the wall. The damp proof company has only injected from the outside and I cant understand that the hole depth I checked they drilled was only 11cm from outside wall yet the whole cavity wall thickness is 52cm
This is the front of my basement flat where they have only drilled injection dpc from outside wall. The cavity wall is roughly 52cm total. I have checked 2 of the hole depths which are 32cm depth and 11cm depth which in my opinion is shocking. See pic for details.
This is the front of my basement flat where they have only drilled injection dpc from outside wall. The cavity wall is roughly 52cm total. I have checked 2 of the hole depths which are 32cm depth and 11cm depth which in my opinion is shocking. See pic for details.

tileclipproman
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Help and Advice Needed for Shocking Injection DPC Installed by Professional Company

by tileclipproman » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:05 pm

That does not look like a cavity wall,just a very badly built wall.hopefully 9inch.
In that case you dont need to inject both sides of wall. In norfolk to treat internal
side of the wall the wall is required to be stripped of all plaster and render a metre high including taking off all skirting boards.It will take time to know if things have gone right.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:43 pm