HELP BIG AIR BUBBLE IN THE MIDDLE OF LAMINATE FLOORING
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mrsboop
Labourer
Labourer

HELP BIG AIR BUBBLE IN THE MIDDLE OF LAMINATE FLOORING

Post by mrsboop » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:45 am

HI, we laid our click flooring most of the time we left an expansion gap but a couple of times we couldn't, anyway flooring turned out great. we then had the door case, door and architrave fitted and this big air bubble appeared about 3 ft around , when we stand on it it completely disapears so i dont think its the expansion gap, i think it was having the door fitted, weve altered it so none of the door and frame is touching the flooring but now we need to get rid of this lump in the middle-tried laying something heavy on it and pushing towarda the door but it just comes back.

any help would be gratefull

thanks

acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

Post by acsimpson » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:34 pm

It sounds like the subfloor is not level and the high points are causing the middle of the floor not to sit directly on the subfloor. Your weight is causing the laminate to flex and touch the subfloor. Unlike carpet or other flexible floor laminate wont bend more than a coupld of mm per metre to absord this.

I'm afraid I don't know what the best cure would be and hope you find one better than taking in up and leveling the subfloor.

mrsboop
Labourer
Labourer

Post by mrsboop » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:51 pm

Thanks for replying

I don't think it's the sub floor because weve had wooden flooring before and it didn't happen then.

thanks anyway

claridge
Apprentice
Apprentice

3 ft bubble in floor

Post by claridge » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Basic requirements for laminate floor laying
good underlay essential to even out irregularities common in all floors
leaving laminate unwrapped in room tto be laid 24 hours prior to laying to ensure laminate has climatised
Always leave expansion gap.
If on ground floor either concrete or floor boards, consider membrane to protect from moisture
If you havent taken the above steps you'll face problems

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:59 am