help can some one tell me what went wrong with my light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dinki
Labourer
Labourer

help can some one tell me what went wrong with my light

by dinki » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:29 am

Hi a few days ago a so called friend said he could replace a light fitting for me and that he had done loads before so as i needed it asap i told him ok.
well three hours later and i was getting worried and i was right to be worried when he told me he had finished. the light works but some how he has bypassed the swich and now stays on all the time so i had to take out to bulb please can somone tell me how to sort this out as i know a little about electrics but just didnt do it myself as i didnt have the time.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi he has got the wrong switch wire connected, PLEASE check on the link above your post to see Doc's project on this incredibly common problem,
this has to be the most asked leckie question ever, I have been answering this for the last 45 years since I started work, I don't know why people think changing a light is going to be so easy, there are more wires there than anywhere else in a house except in the consumer unit!!
regards SPARX

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:08 pm