HELP - Extreme Condensation Problem !!
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Paul&Karyn
Labourer
Labourer

HELP - Extreme Condensation Problem !!

Post by Paul&Karyn » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi folks, I have been searching the web as my last hope after a very long and expensive battle with condesation problems in our home. This is our story, I hope someone can help :?

We bought the house 5 years ago in the summer. It is a 3 bedroom, mid terrace, bathroom downstairs, built in and around the 50s to 60s. Winter came and so did our problems. The 3 bedrooms upstairs, outside facing walls and about a foot out on the ceiling were dripping, and I mean dripping wet. We got a guy out and they looked at our roof and said it was scrap. GREAT !!! £3000 later we have our new roof with breathable felt and our chimney newly pointed. Next day..... Water, drip, drip. Phoned the guy, he came out and sid its condensation !!!! I asked why did we get a roof then ? After a heated arguement, he came back the next day, covered all our windows with sheets and sprayed the outside of the walls with some sort of silicone stuff, put lots of vents in our wooden bit that the gutters go on, cleaned out our gutters and made sure they were flowing correctly, checked our insulation and pulled it away from the vents.
Next day........... you guessed...... DRIP DRIP DRIP. He said to let it be for a week and see. By this stage the weather was getting better and no worries.
Every year, only when it freezes outside or very cold weather ( rain does not make it happen ) we waken up in the morning to the sound of water dripping off our ceiling and onto the laminate flooring. It has got to a stage that our ceiling is actually falling apart in the corner of our bedroom although in the attic, that part is dry as a bone.
We have tried and constantly used humidifiers, tried ant mould paint, anti condensation paint, anti anything, we have tried it. The only that that really REDUCES it is leaving the windows in our bedroom wide open all night,
I now have problems with my chest which im sure is related to this and have no where else to turn. Is there anything I can do, anyone I can call ?
Any help on the matter would be great :idea: :x Very Cold Though !!!

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:34 am