Help Identifying 3 Phase Supply Cables for German Hob
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jimjym
Labourer
Labourer

Help Identifying 3 Phase Supply Cables for German Hob

by jimjym » Tue May 09, 2017 8:20 pm

I need help to identify which cables supply what as they are off 3 phase german hob which I need to connect to uk mains the wires are as follows from the left are blue/green grey/white red/white blue green black and white any ideas the hob is a bosch nkc 845 f17

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help Identifying 3 Phase Supply Cables for German Hob

by kbrownie » Wed May 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Are you connecting it to a 3 phase supply?

jimjym
Labourer
Labourer

by jimjym » Wed May 10, 2017 8:42 pm

kbrownie wrote:Are you connecting it to a 3 phase supply?

No U.K. Mains single phase

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Fri May 12, 2017 8:59 am

German phase colours are the same as ours now, Brown, Black and Grey before that they were Brown and two Blacks when we had red, yellow and blue.

Since you have white cables my first thought is it American Bosch? they have white cables? With this in mind first thing is to find the plate and check the voltage.

In Europe split phase is common, and hobs often give the option of using split phase or single phase, however three phase is not very common, I have only found them once and every element was 380 volt and there was no option for using 220 volt (as it was before harmonisation) you have no option, but to find the instructions, you simply can't guess.

LulaNord
Labourer
Labourer

by LulaNord » Wed May 17, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge in Europe split phase is common, and hobs often give the option of using split phase or single phase, however three phase is not very common, I have only found them once and every element was 380 volt and there was no option for using 220 volt.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am