Help identifying artex in new flat
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kateedin
Labourer
Labourer

Help identifying artex in new flat

Post by kateedin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:23 am

We've just moved into a flat with (in my opinion) horrible bumpy textured walls and ceilings. I've been reading that these could be artex and contain asbestos. As we're considering attempting to remove this effect, or else plaster over it, I'm looking into asbestos checks. However, before jumping into this I wanted to check I haven't got the wrong end of the stick and was hoping someone could have a look at the photos below and confirm whether it looks like artex is a possibility, or is it more likely to be regular plaster? It isn't laid on very thick.

WP_20160729_10_54_46_Pro.jpg
WP_20160729_006.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Help identifying artex in new flat

Post by lets have a look » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:56 pm

Can't really tell,if it's wallpaper you should be able to peel it off,if it's artex which I have never seen it on a wall you can take it off sealing off the room, using protection and a hoover

kateedin
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help identifying artex in new flat

Post by kateedin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:40 am

Thanks, definitely not wallpaper. Sorry the pictures aren't great quality. The first seems to most closely fit the description of 'popcorn effect' and the second 'orange peel' from what I've seen online, but no idea what it's made from. I have a feeling the latter is just the plaster, but we've just decided to paint over that anyway as it doesn't look as bad.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:09 am