help identifying old tools

Postby Si3827 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi , Could anyone please help in identification. I believe the vice like device is called a joist cramp clamp, but can anyone please let me know what the other two devices are called and used for please.

Please click here to see photos, then please click on them to enlarge
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:22 pm


Simply Build It

Postby toptips » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Looking at the first pic,imagine the long bar or handle lying along the top of a floor joist,the two pins would be either side of the joist and turning the screw would push a warped T&G board tight to the next one,never seen one before so only guessing.
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:02 pm

Postby toptips » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:26 pm

Looking at it again i think its facing the wrong angle to push T&G together,it would need to sit on a noggin between the joists so i'm wrong.
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:02 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics