Help Identifying Patio Door Lock That's Locked Without Key

Postby matohak » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Just bought a house with a patio door stuck in the locked position without a key. Not sure what standard is this lock. Help would be really appreciated.

2017-06-07 19.10.00_resize_resize.jpg

2017-06-07 19.10.00_resize_resize.jpg
Attachments
2017-06-07 19.10.23_resize_resize.jpg
matohak
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thekeymurphy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:30 am

Can't say I've ever seen that myself. Think it might be best for you to call out a locksmith if you don't have a key for it as you're gonna need to get it off!

Check out http://www.easylocks.co.uk/patio-door-locks?p=3

Some similar looking things on there, but not entirely sure.
thekeymurphy
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Postby matohak » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:23 pm

thekeymurphy wrote:Can't say I've ever seen that myself. Think it might be best for you to call out a locksmith if you don't have a key for it as you're gonna need to get it off!

Check out http://www.easylocks.co.uk/patio-door-locks?p=3

Some similar looking things on there, but not entirely sure.

Thank you so much. Managed to get it unlock today with a screwdriver and it got stuck in the open position. Ended up calling a locksmith. He can't identify the lock either so in the end he just installed locks at the top/bottom of the sliding door.
matohak
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!