Help identifying this connector

Postby crookesm » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:51 pm


I am trying to replace a cistern coupling washer, however I am confused by the pipe which feeds fresh water into the flush mechanism; specifically the plastic connector in the picture below:

Anyone have any ideas what this is and whether I screw it off, pull it off?

Thanks in advance,

Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:33 pm


Simply Build It

Postby plastic_man77 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:40 pm

@ crookesm

The fitting looks like a type of push-fit tap connector. The nut on the tail piece of the inlet valve unscrews in the normal fashion, the plastic part of the fitting will probably have some sort of release mechanism, which after being activated will allow the fitting to be pulled from the pipe.

If you want to remove the fitting completely and can't get it off, just cut through the copper pipe under the fitting with a junior hacksaw, then use an alternative fitting to make good again afterward, such as a 15mm-1/2" flexi tap connector or a 15mm-1/2" Speedfit tap connector.
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Postby crookesm » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Ah yes! Thanks very much for your help!
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics