HELP!! MAJOR CONDENSATION PROBLEMS IN MY GLASS CONSSERVATORY
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vaujatg
Labourer
Labourer

HELP!! MAJOR CONDENSATION PROBLEMS IN MY GLASS CONSSERVATORY

Post by vaujatg » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:06 am

THE HOUSE I MOVED INTO HAS A LARGE MAINLY GLASS CONSERVATORY AND THIS WINTER AM HAVING MAJOR CONDSENSATION PROBLEMS, IN SO FAR AS WATER IS COLLECTING ON ALL THE WINDOWS AND ROOF AREA, THEN DRIPPING DOWN. I HAVE HAD TO MOVE MY FURNITURE OUT AS EVERYTHING IN BECOMES COVERED IN MOULD. AM NOW AT THE POINT OF THINKING OF KNOCKING THE WHOLE LOT DOWN. AM A SINGLE MUM WITH NO HELP!

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:00 am

vaujatg,
You have the advantage of a weatherproof room so knocking it down seems a bit desperate. Get a good de-humidifier - £150+ - fit a continuous drain pipe from it to outside (a bit of plastic tube) and just leave it running.
end

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Perry525 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Condensation is always the result of warm moist air meeting a cold surface.
I would guess that your conservatory has an open access from the home, no door to close, and the warm moist air is moving from the home into the conservatory and condensing?
Is this happening, is it making your home cold?
Or you have a heated conservatory and are turning down or off the heating?
Do you have blinds that are closed at night, causing a drop in temperature between them and the windows?
Possibly you have live plants in the conservatory, or in your home that are breathing out water vapour?
The best way to deal with condensation is to keep the temperature steady, then the air will hold its moisture.
And have warm air moving past the cold surface to keep the surface temperature up to a point where the air does not chill and the moisture falls out, as during the day.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:44 pm

See the DIY Projects pages for help and info on condensation

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:18 am