HELP my nets keep falling down
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bobnme
Labourer
Labourer

HELP my nets keep falling down

Post by bobnme » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:20 pm

which adhesive would you recommend to attach the hooks to upvc frame to hold the rod for my net curtains. I found the "so called" self adhesive hooks totally useless, have also tried No More Nails - also useless
:?

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:34 pm

See the project on adhesives used at home, it shows how to hoold curtain poles etc up to PVC windows and frames.

trailertrash
Labourer
Labourer

Help my nets keep falling down

Post by trailertrash » Wed May 02, 2007 8:33 pm

I also have this problem. I have tried No More Nails permanent pads (they fell down!) and even epoxy resin (also fell down!!). I have looked in the project page, and whilst this is really helpful in general terms, it doesnt really answer the issue of NET curtains on UPVC frames (though I do agree with the wood battons for actual curtain). I may try to velcro the net to the frame and not use an extendable pole at all, but I doubt this will look attractive - so if anyone out there has any ideas/tips I would be grateful (and so would my neighbours opposite!!).

Many thanks

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Mon May 07, 2007 6:59 am

Nets are not very heavy at all Linda so its entirely possible to drill tiny pilot holes (see our project on pilot holes and countersinking) and put in the usual hooks used for nets. Curtains, because of their weight and constant movement, would drag these out in an instant but nets should be fine.

directa
Labourer
Labourer

Curtain Hooks

Post by directa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:34 am

You really need to drill holes to put up the hooks properly. None of the other ways will be permanent.

:shock:

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:51 pm