Hi, I am having a two story extension done and the builders have been here two weeks, footings dug, foundations laid, two courses of footing blocks laid so far. I have the following concerns and wondered if anyone could offer advise on if I am being too picky;
1) footings are not parrellel to blocks they have laid, one corner starts at the right of the trench and the other end finishes on the oposit side of the trench, ie there is not 150mm each side of the block.
2) the blocks are not straight and the second layer is leaning over to the right
3) the blocks are not level, all uneven
4) one layer is on the edge of the foundation
5) the foundations are about two feet deep, is this thick enough.
The building inspector has been out to see trenches before filling and he was happy with it.
I am going to tackle the builder Monday but need some facts before doing so. Any advise would be appriciated!!
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!