HELP NEEDED !!! NEW PATIO GONE WRONG !!! :(
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Diamond Geezer
Labourer
Labourer

HELP NEEDED !!! NEW PATIO GONE WRONG !!! :(

Post by Diamond Geezer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:25 am

Hi to you all, I am new member, with a new post ! 8)

Got problem with a newly laid patio & block drive. Didn't know you was supposed to leave a newly patio alone for a number of months to rid it of efflorescence etc, nor did the sealer company tell me, they said it would be ideally to put on a new laid drive & patio....So I sealed it after two weeks thinking, I was protecting my investment. Now I have a problem & read up on the issue, I understand more, but too late !!!

I really hope someone can help me, I bought Renotex-Drive Sealer 10 % & 20 % formula.

I washed blocks/patio left to dry Sunday 21st (hot sunny day) once all dry put on the 10 % mixture to patio.

I now have a patio 30 SQM which has at least half of the slabs (bradstone riven autumn cotswold) turned white & the rest have different colour patches, when they should be uniformed beige as when it rains !

Spoken to Renotex, who suggested from me to use the test pot of xyelene thinners which they sent to me, to unlock the sealer & this would resolve the issues which I have encountered with the product, white patches & un-uniformed colour on certain the slabs. I have followed the procedure with the xylene & can confirm little difference can be noticed. Although complete white slabs have gone, they suggested I keep doing this. GRRREAT ! :evil:

I have my own theory, that I sealed it & the ground under the slabs was damp & I sealed the damp in. Hence why all the all white slabs have gone, The Slabs themselves have slight random colours, which are now more noticeable. Also speaking to a cleaning & sealing company who use to use this product say it very hard to put on evenly (I rolled) so I might have various thickness on the slabs which doesn't give me a uniformed appearance, this is why they stop using it, as it was too difficult to handle.

Local Companies, suggest leave it for a month or two, see how it goes, then if now better Xylene, hot wash, then ER it. Then leave until the spring of 09 & do the same again, then re-seal in the summer.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. As currently It's not right.....

Thanks to all.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by TheDoctor4 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Hi

Have you had a chance to have a look at the DIY Doctor projects area: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm There is a project called "Brick & block paving " that may be of some help to you!

Regards

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:59 pm