Help needed re type hot water tank required
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lanchi
Labourer
Labourer

Help needed re type hot water tank required

by lanchi » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:32 pm

Occasionaly the copper hot water tank drips so as we are about to change front room fire to a straight woodburner so we were thinking of changing the tank as its heated via the back boiler at rear of the fire but do not want an attched woodburner boiler as i require going back into the firplace for the burner...and have no space for a header tank in attic
and were considering an immersion type heater tank
but i am at a loss as to wether i will need to buy a direct tank or indirect tank. when we replace the property does not have a header tank in the attic and i was told its direct mains fed
the tank we have now you can lift the lid off and has a ballcock and the bottom pipe goes to the box shape at back of the fire cold water enters the ball cock stops it and then cold water goes to the back of fire and returns hot when the tank is red hot one has to watch how hot the fire gets or the tank dances till you run water off...been in since noah was a boy...at least 1950`s
we just wanted to buy a tank and do away with all that goes to the fire.
i have a power shower dishwasher and washmachine that are all direct cold water fed.
can we do the above and what would we need.
thanx for any helpful replies :)

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:28 pm

lanchi,
Since you have a mains fed power shower I would suggest you get a fortic direct cylinder which is basically the same as your existing one with the cold tank ontop of it but does not have the indirect heating coil.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:05 pm