Help needed
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gm renovations
Labourer
Labourer

Help needed

by gm renovations » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi All

Just wondered if some body can give me some advice,

I have been plastering a few months now after doing an intensive course, i have been plastering anything that i can friends family and all my own walls,

I have got to a pretty good standard,

On some of my walls there are still a few low spots, and i cannot get the hole wall in uniformed colour, they look fine once painted, just maybe 5 low spots in a whole room, i take my time and only do small areas in a set,

Any tips on how to sort this out guys and any tips to make sure i get the best finish as i have my first paying job next week and im shitting it, also how did your first job go?

Gaz

raymondo
Apprentice
Apprentice

by raymondo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:17 pm

just make sure your basecoat is perfectly flat, rule off both vertically and horizontally, fill out any depressions and rule off again, rub up with scratch float when set enough, dont forget to cut into corners and marging with steel float so that you dont get flared corners. if you are working with a labourer even a beginner should be able to lay on at least two average sized walls at a time, otherwise just tackle one at a time. with your skim coat work from L2R if r/handed, lay on horizontally first, run corners in with corner tool...when 1st coat firm put on 2nd coat, slightly thinner, in vertical strokes...corners as before. Allow to set firm before first trowelling horizontal strokes L2R then back working from top to bottom....finish with vertical up then down strokes using plenty of clean water...finish corners with coner tool and more water.

a tip..dont let a bare room intimidate you, and dont mess about, get it on the wall first.

as for my first time...sorry, too long ago in the mists of time.

regards, ray

gam
Apprentice
Apprentice

by gam » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:52 pm

Many thanks for your reply,
I will let you know how i get on

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:02 am