Help Needed to Screw Back on Oven Door
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BCosta
Labourer
Labourer

Help Needed to Screw Back on Oven Door

Post by BCosta » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Hello and thanks for reading,

I decided to take out the door of an old gas oven in order to clean it. I merely took out 4 screws and unattached the hinges from the oven. The issue is that when I went to screw the door back in there was nothing to screw into - whatever was holding the screws is no longer there!

I can't access the other side of the hole without dismantling the whole thing (which considering the circumstances sounds like a risk). I've looked into oven glue, but I don't think any glue can possibly horizontally hold a 10kg oven door.

Literally any suggestion is appreciated as I would really hate to replace a functioning cooker + oven because I can't get a few screws back in!

Thank you very much

rsz_1rsz_1img_20160712_182341913[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BCosta
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help Needed to Screw Back on Oven Door

Post by BCosta » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Fixed!

Embee
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Embee » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Ok, I realise this is a SUPER old post, but I’m having trouble finding anything else on google with the same problem. Naively took the sideway opening oven door off to clean and whatever the screws screwed into on the other side is gone. I congratulate the OP for fixing their problem but I’m wondering how?

If anyone happens to stumble here before I resort to buying a whole new cooker could you please share your wisdom on this subject?

Thank you!

Embee
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Embee » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:18 pm

Hi,
Personally, I haven’t found a fix for this. Was actually desperate enough to try gorilla glue but that also (not surprisingly) failed after a few days.

I’ll admit I’m a total disaster at d.i.y so ‘actual’ names for things are lost on me. So, I’d heard about one way bolts somewhere so gave it a google. Ended up looking at Lindapter hollo-bolts? But can’t seem to find tiny ones. I’ve now discovered plasterboard anchors? This may need more research.

Really sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:25 am