Help Needed to Screw Back on Oven Door

Postby BCosta » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Hello and thanks for reading,

I decided to take out the door of an old gas oven in order to clean it. I merely took out 4 screws and unattached the hinges from the oven. The issue is that when I went to screw the door back in there was nothing to screw into - whatever was holding the screws is no longer there!

I can't access the other side of the hole without dismantling the whole thing (which considering the circumstances sounds like a risk). I've looked into oven glue, but I don't think any glue can possibly horizontally hold a 10kg oven door.

Literally any suggestion is appreciated as I would really hate to replace a functioning cooker + oven because I can't get a few screws back in!

Thank you very much

rsz_1rsz_1img_20160712_182341913[1].jpg
BCosta
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby BCosta » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:30 pm

Fixed!
BCosta
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!