Help Needed - Whisky Barrel Project.
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bonnie-Woody
Labourer
Labourer

Help Needed - Whisky Barrel Project.

Post by Bonnie-Woody » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 am

Hi there, newbie here. I need some advice on fixings etc regarding my new project. I have numerous plans for half and full whisky barrels.

This is a photo of a gorgeous example of what I'm after, I just want to do a few little 'tweeks'.

This is the advice I'm after for this one;

1. I'd love to have the glass lid open via rotation and was wondering what you guys think would be the best fixing. A barrel hinge? Not sure if it would work.

2. Another version is to secure the lid down (don't really want to glue it) with a clip, maybe like the ones that are used with frameless glass pictures and then maybe screwed to the side of the barrel.

I hope I've made sense, sorry if I haven't.

Many thanks for your time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help Needed - Whisky Barrel Project.

Post by welsh brickie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:04 pm

you can have a metal ring fabricated so that the glass can be silicone into it with a lip and you could either screw it to the barrel or it can sit into position where you can just lift it off

Bonnie-Woody
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Bonnie-Woody » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:13 pm

welsh brickie wrote:you can have a metal ring fabricated so that the glass can be silicone into it with a lip and you could either screw it to the barrel or it can sit into position where you can just lift it off

Nos waith da :-)

Mate, I'm a non-professional. I dunno what you're trying to explain, sorry.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by welsh brickie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:17 am

You want a glass top, but you want either screw it down to the barrel or lift it off, thats my understanding anyway
to do this a metal ring must surround the glass, so you can attach a hinge,

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:44 am