Help Needed With Ceiling Rose Wiring - Keeps Tripping Power?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Diybraz
Labourer
Labourer

Help Needed With Ceiling Rose Wiring - Keeps Tripping Power?

Post by Diybraz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Hi all, have joined up and am hoping for some help in wiring in a ceiling rose.

Firstly I am a keen DIY'er and have wired in more ceiling lights and roses than I care to remember. I know which wire goes where. 3 brown wires in the middle 3 hole section of the rose. Switched live and brown flex to bulb go in the 2 hole section of the ceiling rose and the 2 blues and blue flex to bulb go in the 3 hole section of the ceiling rose.

Today I took off a ceiling light and rewired in a simple rose. When I put all 3 brown wires into the central section of the rose and switch power back on it keeps tripping. The problem wire is the live from the switched cable. Leaving this live out of the equation I can continue the loop and all the other house lights work bar the one I'm working on.

Any ideas!!!!?

Thanks

Mark

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help Needed With Ceiling Rose Wiring - Keeps Tripping Power?

Post by TheDoctor4 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:17 am

Hi Mark

We do have a project on how to wire a ceiling rose that might be of use: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/ceilingrose.htm

Hope this helps

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Help Needed With Ceiling Rose Wiring - Keeps Tripping Power?

Post by ericmark » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:44 pm

The normal reason is some one has connected the blue with brown sleeving wire which is switched line to a neutral bar so every time switched on it's a direct short.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:13 am