Help! New Washing Machine in New Build Flat !
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
street
Labourer
Labourer

Help! New Washing Machine in New Build Flat !

by street » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post here so be gentle on me :lol:

I installed our first washing machine in our new buld flat last night. Conected the feed and the drain turned the tap on pluged it in and away it went!

All seemed well untill it came to draining? The washing machine couldnt drain the water inside and thus wouldnt open the door!

After fiddling for ages i eventuatly turned it off and went to bed, in the morning the switch had undone and I got the door open so we could ateast drain the water so it was light enough to move.

After speaking to some friends I have been told that there may be some kind of stopper in the drain pipe as its never had anything connected?

Would this be the case and if so how do i remove it and what does it look like?

Any advise welcome
Appologies for incorrect termanology :D

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

by bd3cc » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:25 pm

If the machine drains into your sink waste system , the w/m pipe will be pushed onto a graded pipe sticking out from the side. There will be a plastic nut, which should only be hand tight. Undo this and you should find a plastic disc(about the size of a 10p piece). If your system is grey plastic, the disc will probably be orange. Remove this, make sure to replace any washers etc in the correct order and your problem should be solved.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:09 pm