Help! Plasterdust everywhere!
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
melroadrunnertan
Labourer
Labourer

Help! Plasterdust everywhere!

by melroadrunnertan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:50 pm

The builders i have started tearing down my ceiling and walls whilst i was away on holiday (they thought i would be pleased with the initiative they took to attempt to speed the job up) but now there's plasterdust in all my brand new carpets. they have been using dustsheets but a) not covering all the carpet and b) some of their dust sheets have perforations in

Does anyone know of the best way to get it out - i've been told under no circumstances try to wash the carpet because the plasterdust will stick into the carpet fibres. I was wondering if a vacuum cleaner which filters through water might work better than my Dyson (which is clogged with plasterdust already so the suction isn't great anyway)

Any ideas/experience?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:13 pm

You need firstly some elbow grease, stiff brush first to get most of debri up. Then a high powered vacum. Unless you fancy lifting it and taking outside for a beating
KB

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:23 am

"...and taking outside for a beating"

LoL - thats what the OP should be doing with the builder!

Cheers

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:41 pm

it's a good idea rosebery, but they'd give the op a sentence and send the builder to mexico for a month.
Bad workmanship, really the builder should have done better and known better, it happens. Your are never going to keep them spotless, lets face it, it's a messy job, but better precautions should have been made.

KB

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:12 pm