help please combi boiler ?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

help please combi boiler ?

Post by bazza » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:19 pm

hi everyone its been a while lol. my sisters boiler will not fire up in either ch/ or hot water mode.i had a look at it 4 her 2day 'but wen you create a demand for hot water or heating, it sounds like the fan starts up and then it just go to lockout it doesent even spark or attempt to ignite. the boiler is a halstead finest platinum. to make it worse my sister has been really ill so i am desperate 2 try n help her as she cant afford a engineer (sadly neither can i ) but i am trained up 2 nvq level 3 in plumbing so iam confident 2 work on the boiler xcept 4 the gas side of it .(as i am not gas safe registered) but any help or advise wud be much appreciated at the moment i think it cud be the aps at fault or pump which is the best way 2 test them or am i compleatlly on the wrong track ere . thanx 4 any replys cheers bazza!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Check air pressure switch, if the fans runs but the sequence doesn't go any further - that's normally the culprit. Also worth checking the venturi is clear.

htg

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

Post by bazza » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:45 pm

cheers htg engineer. cant get bk 2 sisters til friday but will let u know how i get on. cheers mate thanx bazza

MSG2
Labourer
Labourer

Post by MSG2 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:50 am

[quote="bazza"]cheers htg engineer. cant get bk 2 sisters til friday but will let u know how i get on. cheers mate thanx bazza[/quote]

Hi This is my first ever post on here, don't ban me yet!! let me help a bit and give a sound advise!! lol

Ok, you may ask your sister for the Service/User manual for her boiler, which she probably doesn't know where it is!!

Have a look in the manual, which normaly gives a fault diagnostics towards tyhe back, using flow charts, tells you how to diagnose a problem, some boilers now adays give a fault code, others you will hyave to go through a systamatical procedure, like you as a boiler repair man would know, for example when a demand is made for say CH, the room state must be set on, this signals tyhe boiler to start, the boiler has its own sequence of events that it must go through, each being more or less same but varies between certain types, so I would say follow these diagnostic steps and this might help- you find the problem, having a good multimeter is quite essential these days to find if sensors, switches etc are working.

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

Post by bazza » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:24 pm

hi msg2. the fault code is coming up as 1&3' which says the pressure/flow switch is inoperable. but changed flow switch and still nothing happens. elso changed hw thermister. its driving me mad, it is the boiler from hell lol.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1