Help please: hot taps, lukewarm shower
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

gabyemma
Labourer
Labourer

Help please: hot taps, lukewarm shower

by gabyemma » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi

Sorry but not technical at all and before I get quotes on problem, would like some advice of likely fault. We have a Biasi 24S combi boiler with a Mira Excel power shower. Both are nearly 8 years old and been running perfectly so far. CH is getting serviced every year and no problems. Last year, we noticed that shower was not running as hot as usual but within a few days, the issue resolved by itself and the shower was back to normal.
This happened again a few days ago and this time, it seems a bit more persistant. The water through the taps is not affected and the radiators are also working fine but the shower remains lukewarm even on the highest settings. When we turn the temperature knob of the shower up and down, there is a slight change but again it is just lukewarm.
Does anybody have an idea of what might cause this to happen? Can we fix it ourselves or does this require professional services? Can it be the water pressure too high?
This is when I wish my brother was here as he is in this trade...
Thanks