HELP!! Puppy digging up floor... how do we rectify it???!!!
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pronnie
Labourer
Labourer

HELP!! Puppy digging up floor... how do we rectify it???!!!

Post by pronnie » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:35 am

We have moved into a new house and there was (very badly laid) lino down in the kitchen. We replaced it with some self-adhesive floor tiles as a short term measure so the pup wouldn't rip it to shreds. Near the back door there was a slight gap where the original floor tiles were broken and had crumbled so there when we put a tile down it started to have a dint. This created the edges to stick up and while we were out our pup started pulling at it. She pulled a few tiles off and started digging at the gap so now we have quite a bit patch that is dug down to rubble. We need to sort it out ASAP!!! Either she is going to keep digging or she is going to swallow some of the small pieces that are now like grit.
WHAT CAN WE DO??? (apart from tying her up when we go out?!)

WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AS WE HAVE NO IDEA!!!

THANKS!

aussiedog
Labourer
Labourer

Post by aussiedog » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:56 am

hi there,
I'm sorry I'm not a builder but the only thing I can suggest is, is to stop your dog from digging inside.

1st thing to try. Dogs hate pepper, so if you throw some pepper, say a tea spoon, sprinkled around the area you don't want your dog to go near, it may be a short solution.

Another suggestion is to catch your dog 'in the act'. You would need a chain or come peices of metal inside a tin (with a lid) & whenever your dog goes to start digging or even looks like its going to start digging, rattle the tin & say 'ahhggg' in an aggressive tone - once it stops doing it, praise your dog with some treats & say 'good boy' in a high-pitched tone.

It's worth a shot & remember these are only suggestions to help you.

Good luck!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:09 pm