HELP--REMOTE CONTROL THERMOSTAT
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
trophy3681
Labourer
Labourer

HELP--REMOTE CONTROL THERMOSTAT

by trophy3681 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:30 pm

Just had a Vaillant Ecotec Pro 28 boiler installed and my elderly parents do not understand how to use the wireless remote control.

The old boiler had a honeywell manual wall thermostat which they could use easily.
The installer of the new boiler set the wireless control so that the boiler comes on and off during the day but they prefer the boiler to be on constantly and then they control it manually.

Questions are:
I hope it is possible to get a similar manual thermostat installed for this boiler, I believe it is called a Vaillant VRT 30.

If so can it be situated in the same place as the other thermostat (in hallway a long way from boiler) or will it have to be a new installation near the boiler which is in the kitchen?
Then we can give back the wireless control. I don't want a boiler that can only be controlled/operated remotely!

Just read that •Clock/timer is not available for the Vaillant ecoTec pro 28

Please advise.

DEEARR2
Ganger
Ganger

by DEEARR2 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:46 am

iIt sounds as though the installed has fitted a programmable room thermostat. Perhaps a simple wireless room thermostat would be more suited to this application. Simple to operate and cost around £70 plus fitting.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1