Help Removing Mixer Tap Stem to Repair Leaking Mixer Tap

Postby SamR_1981 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Apologies for the lack of terminology here but I am an amateur when it comes to plumbing!

My kitchen mixer tap has been dripping, so I figured a washer probably needed replacing. From switching the hot and cold water supplies on and off, it seems as though it's an issue with the hot water, so I assumed that I needed to remove the hot water lever and replace a washer within. Unscrewing the shield around the hot water stem (no idea if that's an appropriate word!), it only comes off so far before being blocked by the actual lever, which has no visible screws or caps to enable its removal. So, I can only move this shield a small distance; not enough to get a spanner in to remove the whole hot water stem.

Can anyone offer any advice please? Pictures attached!
Attachments
IMG_0879.JPG
The hot control's lack of screw or screw cap
IMG_0878.JPG
The hot control's "shield"!
IMG_0877.JPG
The mixer tap in all its glory
SamR_1981
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby lets have a look » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:48 am

unscrew the lever handles but there's no washers to replace as this is a lever tap
lets have a look
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!