help should I be able to see the membrane?
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

rosieparry
Labourer
Labourer

help should I be able to see the membrane?

by rosieparry » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi I hope there is someone out there that can help me, My husband noticed that the floor in our kitchen seems a little damp. He thought we may have an appliance leaking. Any way we didn't so ge took off the bottom plinths of the kitchen cupboards and notice that the tiles were coming off and the concrete floor was damp and we could find mud. I lay on the floor and can see at the back of the cupboards the blue membrane part of it is about 4inches above the floor. The rest I could feel the top of it at floor height where it had been cut down, should this have been cemeted into the brick work? This is a housing association property and they are sending someone out on Monday to look at it. We built a conservatory about 6 years ago and I am worried that they will blame this construction for all the damp that seems to be coming through the floor. Nothing inside the house was touched when the conseratory went up.

It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:49 am