Help what wall paper where condensation has been a problem?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ptums
Labourer
Labourer

Help what wall paper where condensation has been a problem?

by ptums » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Hello
I have a bedroom in a 1920's house which has a north facing wall. It has been very prone to condensation mould at the lower edge just above the skirting board. I've stripped the heavy vinyl wall paper off the wall ( some of the backing of the paper was very wet and have washed the wall down with mould killer.

I need to re decorate the wall but what should I use? I don't know whether a heavy vinyl paper is best or if a normal wallpaper which may be a bit more breathable is the better option. Another option is lining the walls and then painting the paper?

The room is now being ventilated more and has a low constant heat, i'll also use a demudifier when necessary. Hopefully this should prevent soem of the problem in the future.

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:11 pm

if you've addressed the damp issue then it shouldn't really matter - use whatever you want.

similarly if you haven't addressed the problem then choice of wallcovering won't really matter either - all will be damaged to some extent by damp and mould.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:24 am