Help! Which Gas Fire?
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cheesebreville
Labourer
Labourer

Help! Which Gas Fire?

by cheesebreville » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:27 pm

I have a chimney with a lovely flue that draws really well.
However the opening is only 30cm wide and 60cm high. I have no clue which type of fire to get and I'm finding it really hard to get a straight answer out of fireplace retailers. I want a fire to fit the opening they keep quoting for sorting the opening for the fire. What sort of fires should I be looking at to minimize fuss and cost?
Cheers
M

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:25 pm

It's quite a small place to try and fit a fire, you'll probably struggle to get a inset gas fire of that size. You should be able to get a gas fire with closure plate that will fit an opening of that size.

It's hard to instruct on a fire that you could/should install because everyone has different tastes. You can get fires that look old fashioned or ultra modern.

Try typing in Valor gas fires into google which will give you a good selection. And are all good fires. If you download or view the installation instruction it'll tell you the minimum and maximum catchment space opening this should help you choose.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:41 pm