help with a projector!!!!!
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
singhd06
Labourer
Labourer

help with a projector!!!!!

by singhd06 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:49 pm

hi all, this is my first time on this so pls go easy.. I'm trying to put a projector on to the ceiling of our ground floor rented flat, i think the ceiling is drywall but I'm not to sure, the instructions advise that i screw the mount into a joist. i have no idea where the joist is, and the ceiling is not letting me screw any further then a few mm...

can any one help me pls..

Dan the man
Ganger
Ganger

by Dan the man » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:31 pm

The ceiling might be a concrete prefab one with it being flats, you may have to drill into the concrete using a masonry bit oh hammer action.

singhd06
Labourer
Labourer

by singhd06 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:27 am

hey thanks for getting back to me...
na, the ceiling is fully drywall i got a torch and squeezed a peek in the kitchen it's odd its got some metal bars holding the ceiling up, nothing bigger enough to drill through or loop something around it...

i had an idea but dnt know if it will work, if i put some wood up @ the location so it's still visible, drill that into the "drywall" and then put the projector up on that, will it hold?

Dan the man
Ganger
Ganger

by Dan the man » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:53 pm

I cant quite understand what you mean, so the ceiling is plasterboard and this is screwed to a metal frame? its a suspended metal ceiling, in this case you would need to locate the frame and screw to that, screwing wood to the plasterboard will not hold any weight at all unless you screwed it to the metal through the plasterboard, try using black drywall screws and fix to the metal.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:06 am