Help with bending pvc conduit
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mendusa
Labourer
Labourer

Help with bending pvc conduit

by mendusa » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:04 pm

i have a probelm bending pvc conduit its wrecking my head trying to get it straight i have an exam in it in a few weeks any help would be greatly appreciated :oops:

pyro_mania
Apprentice
Apprentice

by pyro_mania » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:00 pm

Are you using a bending spring?

ericmark

by ericmark » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:04 am

The make of conduit used does make a big difference we got it all from CEF and then had one odd bundle from else where and it cost a load of bending springs when the conduit snapped. I used a felt pen and a couple of marks to mark where to bend and had tape on the spring pull wire every foot so I could start one end and pull it through as I went and the end of the day just practice but also going slowly helps and if you can get a few bits at the bend then it will be better the bigger the radius the easier to pull cables after. Yellow 77 also helps do not use washing up liquid if can explode if insulation is damaged must use official cable pulling stuff.

juli-juan
Apprentice
Apprentice

by juli-juan » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:15 pm

you should warm up the tube by rubbing it with a cloth as though u are polishing it and bend it slowly using correct gauge spring for either heavy or light guage conduit over your knee

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:37 am