Help With Central Heating and Hot Water Setup in New Property
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

vivamoz
Labourer
Labourer

Help With Central Heating and Hot Water Setup in New Property

by vivamoz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:46 am

We have recently moved into a new property and are having trouble with the central heating and the hot water. It is a conventional system, but when the builder first showed us round the home, he mentioned something about the water not being your usual set up and now I cant for the life of me remember what it was he said. Anyway, in the cupboard where the hot water tank is, is the usual thermostat to control the CH/HW with the usual settings for both, off, timed, once and on. The central heating side works fine and when I override and select "on" the boiler kicks in straight away however, when I do the same for the hot water side, nothing. The boiler does not even try to kick in. I have tried all the usual, resetting the boiler, switching off the mains, checked the wiring of the thermostat and even turned off at the trip box. Any help would be appreciated. I am not sure if anyone has ever come across this before. If the central heating side wasn't working i'd assume a fault with the thermostat, but as it does, I feel I really am missing something here.

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:38 am