Help with Flooring
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
stuartucw
Labourer
Labourer

Help with Flooring

by stuartucw » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:32 pm

Hi All

I currently have builders repairing a house i've bought. The kitchen area is 40m2 and has an unlevel concerte floor with some damp in one corner. I wish to lay solid wood flooring on it but am unsure of what i need to do in terms of leveling and underlay. i have been told to use some kind of latex first but would like some advice and opinions on which :D products to use to allow me to lay the flooring.

Many thanks

Stuart

Tall Tone
Ganger
Ganger

by Tall Tone » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:04 am

Hi Stuart
You will need a Levelling compound (a latex version is fine) to solve the levelling of the floor and a Two component Epoxy Damp Proof Membrane to solve the damp.
There are 100 variations of these from different manufacturers. Stick with the big manufacturers like F Ball, Laybond, Ardex or Bona and you won't go far wrong.
Check the manufacturers specification guides because some recommend DPM first and levelling second, some are the other way around.
Some modern adhesives like Bona R850 will stick your wood direct to the DPM if you put the DPM ontop of the levelling compound.
Hope this helps
TT

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:53 am