Help With Mains Water Valve or Regular Stop Cock After Laminate Flooring

Postby Richie1905 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:05 am

Hello, I have an issue i need advice on. I have recently installed laminate flooring in my kitchen. I had to disconnect the washing machine to do this. I turned off the regular stop cock firstly but this did not stop the flow of mains water travelling through the blue rubber pipe connecting to the washer. So i then isolated the mains water supply (thick blue pipe) completely for around 24 hours. I finished the job, reconnected the washer and opened all the valves and everything was fine downstairs. However, my ensuite toilet upstairs is continually filling with water. I have adjusted the ballcock in the toilet cistern to no avail. My ensuite shower and handbasin are also very low on cold water pressure. Any ideas? Have i upset the balance of water in the house? Cheers guys.
Richie1905
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby lets have a look » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:40 am

first thing we have to consider is if the bathroom is tank fed or directly off the main supply,as for the ballvalve you're just going to have to renew it.
lets have a look
Progress to next rank:
4.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!