Help with measuring please
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mdibb1987
Labourer
Labourer

Help with measuring please

by mdibb1987 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 am

Hi all, could somebody please explain to me how i would go about measuring a window where it has been rendered upto on the outside, as i cant see the end of the frame like you normally can when it is just straight brick to brick.
Thanks very much

lariston
Apprentice
Apprentice

by lariston » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:15 pm

as you will have to remove the render to fit the new window simply chip some of it away to measure .

scommstech
Labourer
Labourer

by scommstech » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi
Ive seen double glazing units fitted to rendered property and the frame appears to have been fitted without damaging the render. They must have measured using the render as reference. This would mean spacers being fitted to the gap between the frame and the brickwork behind the rendered corner, on the outside wall. The frame is flush to the render, and should be flush with the plaster on the inside wall. You would have to measure both the outside and the inside, and chose the smaller. Other wise the frame may fit the outside but be too big for the inside opening. Any render, plaster/frame gap is filled by a strip of plastic bead, held in by mastic. The property next door has decorative stone on the walls so they couldn't be cut. The plastic frames had to go past the stone edge with plastic strip to hide any unevenness.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:52 pm