Help with this door

Postby duffsdad » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:09 am

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa11 ... ge0023.jpg
these marks appeared on this door out of nowhere , the only thing I could think of was the glue coming through from the veneer but any other explainations might be helpful . The door is from a company in Grangemouth and has an oak veneered finish with a chipboard core and is of reasonable quality .
duffsdad
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby norfolkboy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:31 am

it could be glue seeping through the veneer, if the door is reasonably
new I sugest you contact the company and complain directly, it's possible
they might replace the door. I can't suggest a way of hiding the stains.

Pete
norfolkboy
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby duffsdad » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Thanks for your help but I have solved the mystery , It was the grease on the sliding track that caused it . It seems the grease from fitting the track was on my hands (but wiped off) reacted with the finish on the door while fitting the hanging bolts . It was`nt an instant reaction but it happened over a period of several minutes so it was`nt obvious . I just need to figure out how to get it off .
duffsdad
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby kanneii » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:18 pm

I am facing somewhat of the same sort of the problem, but its not really greese. and the doors also making some noise in opening and closing, and the doors fairly old, arnd 2 years. do i need to replace the door?

Link removed. If you would like to advertise, please go to our advertisers page.
kanneii
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby yellowcarnoreturn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 pm

the tracking on the doors of my wardrobe is broken. its not a fitted wardrobe. am i able to buy new tracking to replace broken
yellowcarnoreturn
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!