Help with this door
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
duffsdad
Labourer
Labourer

Help with this door

by duffsdad » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:09 am

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa11 ... ge0023.jpg
these marks appeared on this door out of nowhere , the only thing I could think of was the glue coming through from the veneer but any other explainations might be helpful . The door is from a company in Grangemouth and has an oak veneered finish with a chipboard core and is of reasonable quality .

norfolkboy
Labourer
Labourer

by norfolkboy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:31 am

it could be glue seeping through the veneer, if the door is reasonably
new I sugest you contact the company and complain directly, it's possible
they might replace the door. I can't suggest a way of hiding the stains.

Pete

duffsdad
Labourer
Labourer

by duffsdad » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:25 pm

Thanks for your help but I have solved the mystery , It was the grease on the sliding track that caused it . It seems the grease from fitting the track was on my hands (but wiped off) reacted with the finish on the door while fitting the hanging bolts . It was`nt an instant reaction but it happened over a period of several minutes so it was`nt obvious . I just need to figure out how to get it off .

kanneii
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Help with this door

by kanneii » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:18 pm

I am facing somewhat of the same sort of the problem, but its not really greese. and the doors also making some noise in opening and closing, and the doors fairly old, arnd 2 years. do i need to replace the door?

Link removed. If you would like to advertise, please go to our advertisers page.

yellowcarnoreturn
Labourer
Labourer

by yellowcarnoreturn » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 pm

the tracking on the doors of my wardrobe is broken. its not a fitted wardrobe. am i able to buy new tracking to replace broken

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:28 pm