help with towel rail
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
uksix
Labourer
Labourer

help with towel rail

by uksix » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 pm

we have a towel rail in the bathroom with two silver knobs on each side , my child has turned one of these and now it has gone cold . which side do i use to get the heating back on i have turned each one but nothing seems to happen , please help....oh yes i am a woman who doesnt have a clue about this.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Try turning both anticlockwise as far as they will go. This will open the valves fully. One word of advice there is a remote chance doing this may "unbalance" the system and cause other radiators to go cold. If it creates a problem, then post a message back and we can easily offer advice.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Open both up and see what happens. Use you radiator bleed key to make sure there is no air in the towel rail.

If this is a standard vented hot water cylinder installation then it's more than likley that the towel rail is installed as a bypass on the primary circuit. You won't be doing any damage to the CH system balance by doing this.

HTH

Cheers

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:53 am

Or it may not be !

Also only bleed with the system off.

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:24 am

"Or it may not be !"

You are quite right but I'll bet theres a much better than even chance that it is.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1