Help with Workbech Design Constructed from Palet Planks and Knock Down
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4n494rc14
Labourer
Labourer

Help with Workbech Design Constructed from Palet Planks and Knock Down

by 4n494rc14 » Thu May 19, 2016 2:08 pm

I have been working on the design of a workbench made of palet planks and knock down. The workbench is for my own use, in my own appartment.
I have made a model of it on sketchup, and a video about the model.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK76ZXuABmM

Yes, i know the bench is probably over-engineered, but that is what happens when you start designing with the limitations of the material. If i could just use any material, i could probably make it more simple.
I have no budget for the bench, not any kind of money i can or want to spend on it. I wouldnt use pallet planks otherwise.

I would love to get some feedback before i start building it. The main doubts i have about the project are:
- Will the thing hold? (explained in the video)
- Can i make it less complex in any way?
- Given the low quality of the materials used (pallets), did i oversize the pieces enough? Is there any part of the bench that would be compromised?
I am not so worried about some piece eventually breaking because of "long-term stress", because i could easily replace it. I am more worried about some part of the bench being not strong enough and breaking the first day i start using the bench.

Thanks

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 pm