All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
GARYF
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hep20 fittings

by GARYF » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:29 am

Hi everybody,

I am removing a en-suite which uses Hep20 fittings. I need to temporarily cap off the 15 and 10mm pipes. Can i use speedfit or QPL stop ends with the Hep20? If not, any suggestions?
Also, I am replacing a shower cubicle (900 x 900) with a 900 x 1200 unit. I am building a 300mm wide stud frame to accomodate the new size. What covering would you use ie; plasterboard, nomoreply etc and would you waterproof walls with tanking before tiling or just prime and silicone? Walls are plasterboard.

Many thanks,

Gary.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:19 pm

You can certainly use the fittings you mention to temporarily cap off, but make sure you replace the inserts with Speedfit inserts. They look the same but aren't and it would be pretty nasty if a cap came off (been there).

Just plasterboard the wall, PVa and tile over. That's all that's needed. Tiles stick to plasterboard better than anything else.

Just make sure the wall is built so the new tray is a snug fit (allow for silicone bead), and when tiled the tiles overlap the tray nicely and finish off with a good bead of white silicone.

I always silicone the vertical corners on stud walls as grout often cracks.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:58 pm