38%
copper
63%

Total votes: 8
marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

Post by marrtin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:15 am

I think in most cases, copper has to will continue to be used by professionals in preference to Hep2o. However, I don't exclude Hep2o on the grounds it is for amateur use only, that's ridiculous. The whole point is, copper is best for some types of installation, and Hep2o is better for others. You wouldn't use copper for underfloor heating for example.

It's not true that plastic fails more than copper. Who's not seen copper split after freezing or compression joints weeping years after installation let alone capillary fittings not soldered properly?

Frankly, I would not like to choose between the two. In my opinion they are different products with different characteristics that should be used accordingly.

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

Post by bobplum » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:35 pm

sorry got one more
has any one come across buteline yet
system from down under looks like hep but uses a clamping system
the next stage in the evolution of plastic?

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:45 pm

Frogger

You will have noticed that earlier in the thread I DID say that I don't use it where it's visible.

I also said, as has marrtin, that there are situations where I wouldn't use it.

It's not me that's got personal (LOL) but those diatribes are water off a ducks back frankly.

Wat I DO object to is labelling EVERY plumber, bathroom installer, kitchen fitter etc etc etc as being unprofessional if they use it. It's as simple as that. Marrtin also used the term "ridiculous" and he's spot on accurate.

If peeps want to say "I won't use it" that's fine and I've already said that Htg Engineer is entitled to his opinion. But saying that guys that do are "unprofessional" - that in itself is unprofessional and crosses the line.

And I've still got me blowlamp thanks very much and I do use it and with end feed fittings as well.

Cheers

frogger
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by frogger » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:28 pm

Fair play roseberry.

19 posts
It is currently Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:15 am