Hiding consumer unit/meter
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
foreverchanges
Labourer
Labourer

Hiding consumer unit/meter

Post by foreverchanges » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:41 pm

I want to hide whats in the pic with something I can paint and easily lift off. At the moment its mostly hidden from the front by a bookcase but from the side you can still see how ugly it is. I want to keep the bookcase in roughly same place so dont want anything that protrudes into room much beyond the consumer unit. Please keep it simple - I'm not v practical and I dont know any diy shorthand so if you start using expressions like 2 x 1 I wont have a clue what youre talking about

http://tinypic.com/r/1zovig3/6

toptips
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Hiding consumer unit/meter

Post by toptips » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi,can you take a pic with the bookcase in place.

foreverchanges
Labourer
Labourer

Post by foreverchanges » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:59 pm

toptips
Ganger
Ganger

Post by toptips » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Hiya,the easiest solution would be to make sides and a top the same width as between the wall and the bookcase,this could be then fixed to the wall and to get to the consumer unit you just pull the bookcase forward.
Where abouts are you as someone on here might be close and able to do it for you or look for a local handyman,not a big job at all.

foreverchanges
Labourer
Labourer

Post by foreverchanges » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:11 pm

toptips wrote:Hiya,the easiest solution would be to make sides and a top the same width as between the wall and the bookcase,this could be then fixed to the wall and to get to the consumer unit you just pull the bookcase forward.
Where abouts are you as someone on here might be close and able to do it for you or look for a local handyman,not a big job at all.

thanks that seems workable, i might even have a go myself

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:20 am