Holland damp proofing system
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
TLG5678
Apprentice
Apprentice

Holland damp proofing system

by TLG5678 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:47 am

Hi,

I am just looking for members comments on the Holland damp proofing system, have you used it, was it effective, would you recommend.

I think maybe I need to get an independant assessor in to viw our damp problems as my 1920's semi appears to be suffering from both rising damp (mostly around plug sockets) and we also have poor sub floor ventiliation.

I am keen to investigate alternative methods as the damp has appeared since having a wooden floor and new kitchen fitted so the thought of having to remove and replace these and having 2 small children makes me reluctant to have a traditional DPC with the mess and costs involved. But then again I can't just ignore the damp problems.

thanks for looking at my post

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Holland damp proofing system

by welsh brickie » Tue May 15, 2012 11:27 am

the holland system involves cutting air vents into the cavity,to dry out damp.In my opinion its not that effective.
In your case I would install more clay airbricks with clay sleeves through the wall into your floor space to create more airflow and dry out the moisture.The more installed the better.

TLG5678
Apprentice
Apprentice

by TLG5678 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:12 pm

Thanks again,

I am going to get some quotes for the clay airbricks

babytia2010
Labourer
Labourer

by babytia2010 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi

It might be too late but there is also another system that you could try called FREEZTEQ. I have used this system before and there is no need for expensive tool hire, all you need is a 22mm drill piece and a drill. It comes with a 30 year guarantee and all the work is carried out on external walls so need for mess inside

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:53 am