Hollow Door Handle Fixings
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tanglefoot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hollow Door Handle Fixings

Post by Tanglefoot » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:01 am

Hi, I'm fitting some new door handles to our interior doors which are hollow. However I would like to use bolt-through fixings but I'm struggling to find what I want to use. The bolts/machine screws that I'm searching for are like a machine screw but with a countersunk raised head to look like a wood screw. This bolt (or machine screw) goes through the door and screws into a short threaded insert which has a countersunk rasied head on the end to look like a screw on the other side of the door.

I have no idea what you call this "threaded insert" which adds to the difficulty in me locating this type of fitting.

Does anyone out there know what these are called and does anyone else know where to get them from (in satin nickel).

Any help would be much appreciated.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:27 am

They are called Inter Screws and you can get them from the following link

http://www.awin1.com/pclick.php?p=36410 ... 071&m=1228

Tanglefoot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Tanglefoot » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:05 am

Thanks for the reply, they're ever so close to what I'm looking for but they aren't long enough to go through two 2 door handles and a door and the head isn't countersunk/raised unfortunately.

I appreciate your effort though, thanks I'll keep looking.

Tanglefoot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Tanglefoot » Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:03 pm

Hi again,
I contacted the makers of the door handle sets I was using (Urfic) and they very kindly sent me some "inter screws" that they make for these door handles. I couldn't find where to buy them anywhere.

Still all's well that ends well.

Thanks to Urfic.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:52 am