hot/cold water pressure booster

Postby artashh » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi Guys hope y ou can give me some advice.

In my flat i have a cold water tank and an indirect hot water tank, however, when having a shower i have no water pressure, the water tanks are installed lower than the actual shower head (when put high) level, so in order for me to have a shower is to sit down in the bath and hold the shower tap in one hand and wash with the other hand.
I would like to get someone to install a pump but i dont know what kind of pump i need, i dont need anything heavy duty as such, just a plane pump to boost water into my bathroom so i can have a normal shower like a normal person. Can anyone advise me what kind of pump i need for my flat.

Thank you guys in advance
artashh
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby TheDoctor4 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:51 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/
TheDoctor4

Postby aia21 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:42 pm

artashh wrote:In my flat i have a cold water tank and an indirect hot water tank, however, when having a shower i have no water pressure, the water tanks are installed lower than the actual shower head (when put high) level, so in order for me to have a shower is to sit down in the bath and hold the shower tap in one hand and wash with the other hand.
I would like to get someone to install a pump but i dont know what kind of pump i need, i dont need anything heavy duty as such, just a plane pump to boost water into my bathroom so i can have a normal shower like a normal person. Can anyone advise me what kind of pump i need for my flat.

Just install a power shower. That contains the correct pump and is suitable for your system and will give you a nice strong shower. You will need a plumber to fit the plumbing for it and a Part P qualified electrician to do the electric supply to comply with building regs (or you could do yourself and get a Part P qualified electrician to sign it off but you might want to check with your building regs department they are happy with that first).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Anton
aia21
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!