Hot Neutral pin on Plug


Postby Shirley » Fri May 11, 2007 1:47 pm

We had a waterproof Socket fitted in our Greenhouse by an Electrician and the first Socket burned out within a week so he changed it for a new one.

That was a couple of years ago, this socket was for a 3kw heater now when we tried to remove the plug we have found that the Neutral pin on the plug has melted the plastic on the socket.

What would have caused this? it didn't cause the fuse or the trip to go.

there was no sign of a problem until we went to remove the plug.

Shirley
Shirley
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 1:32 pm

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor2 » Fri May 11, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi
Wood suggest that you get your sparks to change your socket there to or better still install a fused spur outlet .heat can build up due to poor contacts or over loading
thedoctor2
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 6:37 am


Postby Shirley » Fri May 11, 2007 2:53 pm

[quote="thedoctor2"]Hi
Wood suggest that you get your sparks to change your socket there to or better still install a fused spur outlet .heat can build up due to poor contacts or over loading[/quote]

Thankyou for your prompt reply.

There are 2 sockets and one had the 3KW heater on and the other had a Grow Light on so perhaps it was overloaded.

We will have to get an electrician in.

Shirley
Shirley
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 1:32 pm


Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


 


  • Related Topics