hot wate cylinder

Postby beth » Tue May 04, 2010 4:26 pm

hi can any one help was wondering to i actually have to replace my hot water cylinder with another or can i have a water heater reason for asking this is my water cylinder has a slight leek
beth
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu May 06, 2010 9:38 pm

beth,
If you are suggesting replacing the HWC with an instantaneous water heater I would not recommend it.
end
stoneyboy

Postby Dave From Leeds » Fri May 07, 2010 1:34 pm

beth,

Chances are that you'll need a new cylinder. Mine sprang a leak a few years ago. It was weeping from the seam around the top. I managed to seal it for a while using a product called Chemical Metal, made by "Plastic Padding". I say for a while; it started leaking again after between 9 and 12 months so I changed the cylinder.

To seal it, I turned off the mains water, ran some hot water out of the system to get the level in the cylinder below the leak, dried it off then applied the product. Let it dry for an hour & turned the water back on.
Dave From Leeds
Progress to next rank:
86%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!